I made a three part video of what is in my makeup kit for those of you who asked to see it, since it would help you decide what is important to have when building yours. Here I will write a list for you to refer to.
1. You need a bag! I have the Zuca Pro Artist and Zuca Backpack
2. Sturdy cup to put your brushes in while working.
4. Makeup Remover Wipes
5. Finger Puffs which are good to use when applying lipstick for example because your hand will usually touch their face and I don't want the oils in my body to transfer to their face.
6. Receipt Book for wedding trials, etc. and pen.
7. Roll of Paper Towel
8. Wrap to cover your clients so that makeup doesn't fall on their clothes.
9. Cotton squares for removing makeup.
10. Empty zip lock bags to place your dirty brushes in.
11. Brush roll for your brushes or a case for them.
12. Have a wide variety of brushes!
14. Lip Palette (have a wide variety)
15. Eye brow razers
18. Beauty So Clean Makeup Sanitizer
19. Waterproof Makeup Remover
20. Alcohol base brush cleaner
21. Bronzer's for every skin tone
24. Baby wipes (to tame fly aways, good for photo shoots)
26. Gum (remember how close you are to the clients face!)
27. Oil Blotting Sheets
28. Glue Stick (if you cover up eye brows)
29. Hand Sanitizer
30. Hair Clip
31. Eye drops
32. Airbrush Kit (compresser with plug/cord/airbrush gun/wide range of airbrush foundation colors/airbrush cleaner)
33. Z Palettes (great for saving space. You can put eye shadows, blushes, powders etc. anything in a pan)
34. Wide range of eye shadow colors
35. Wide range of blush colors
36. Highlighters for all skin tones
37. Graftobian Pressed Powder palette
38. Mascara Guard (helpful in not getting mascara on the eyelid)
39. Waterproof and regular mascara
40. Black and Peach eyeliner pencil
41. False eyelashes (strips and individuals)
42. Clear brow gel
43. Duo Lash Glue
44. Silicone Based primer
45. Wide range of cream blushes
46. Wide range of foundation colors
47. Wide range of concealer colors
48. Graftobian corrector palette
49. Rich moisturizer/primer for dry skin types
50. Oil absorbing primer for oily skin types
51. Embryolisse dry skin balm (see video part 3 for info about it)
52. Edible lip scrub
53. Nail file
54. MAC mixing medium
55. 3 translucent loose powders (peach, medium, dark)
56. Wide range of lip liner colors
57. Waterproof lip liners from BH Cosmetics
58. Lip vitamin
59. Wide range of lip glosses
60. Waterproof lipstick from Make Up For Ever
62. Urban Decay Naked Palette
63. Urban Decay Ammo Palette
64. Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Color Case (used for lips, cream blush, foundation, eye base)
65. Black/Brown Gel liner
66. Waterproof black gel liner from INGOT
67. Loose pigments from MAC & INGOT
68. Different paint pots from MAC
69. Fix + by MAC (for dry skin types)
70. Model in a Bottle (Sets makeup; spray on after makeup is done)
71. Anti bacterial Brush cleanser
72. Water bottle (to dampen my sponges)
Hope this was helpful!